Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week Five - November 12, 2013

Alright, so this week has been interesting. I've had so really cool great experiences and some harder difficult ones. First,  I've been playing a ton of basketball here, and it's great! I love the fact that I can see that I've improved athletically in just the 5 weeks that I've been here.

I love my district and I have come to be really good friends with pretty much all of them. See picture attached.

Ok,  being district leader has been a good experience for me and it has forced me to be a good example and it has helped me to learn so much, and I am very grateful that I've had this opportunity. And who knows, maybe it is preparing me for something bigger in my mission. 

Ok, now spanish. So I am definitely worried to get to Ecuador because my spanish is not that great. I mean I have learned a ton but I still have a ways to go, but I know that if I trust in God and do my best that I will be able to learn Spanish and I can't wait for that day to come!!! Being able to fluently speak another language will be absolutely amazing!! But, despite the fact that I don't feel completely ready, I want to get to Ecuador soooo bad and I want to learn everything about Ecuador!! However, I have heard some stuff already such as: they have amazing pastries, it is toooo hot in Guayaquil, I will be eating a lot of fish and that Guayaquil is much poorer than Mexico city which is hard for me to believe. I'll make sure to take in everything when I get there so I can tell you all about it. 

Also, today we went to the Mexico Temple for the last time and they just barely got the new video which was nice to see again, and I actually understood most of what was going on in Spanish which is sweet!

I'm so glad that you and Jake have been reading the Book of Mormon/ That is wonderful. It really is such an amazing book and I know that it is true and that it teaches so many wonderful doctrines and principles. 

 We had a way cool devotional on Sunday about forgetting about our old lives and focusing on our new ones. He gave some cool scriptures and two quotes that I loved, one was "Man's extremity is God's opportunity" meaning, that if we push ourselves to our limits we give God the oppertunity to help us go even farther. And second, "Beginners are many but enders are few" meaning, that it's easy to get out here on a mission but it's hard to make it all the way through to the best of your ability! So I love those and I am determined to do my best and I can't wait to get to Ecuador!! Also, after that devotional, Elder Myers showed me some scriptures relating to that devotional which I also love. They are D&C 122.5-9 go look it up cause it is awesome. :) 

Love you all, Elder Lignell




Top Row: Elder Huber, Elder Lambert,, Elder Quilter
Bottom Row: Elder Pinkston, Elder Lignell, Elder Watts, Elder Myers, Elder Taylor
A big plate of hot wings!!! Yummy!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment