Monday, March 17, 2014

Week Seventeen in Ecuador - Monday, March 17, 2014 - Guayaquil Is My New Territory

Hey Guys :)

So guess what?! I had my first transfer this week and now I am in Guayaquil!!! I am in the zone centenario and the area Maracaibo!!! And I love it here! So now I am living in the same zone as the president so I am close to everything and Guayaquil is great, however it is extremely hot... but I'll talk about all of that a little bit later.

That is awesome about dad I am so glad his arm is getting better :)And thats cool about the two kids that you had over for the Leadership Camp at Brighton:)  I got my package and I love the ties that you sent.  Thanks so much!

Okay so now about my week...

So first I had an intercambio on Tuesday which means I was with a different companion in Loja and I was with one of the zone leaders working and we were in Catamayo which is a city one hour away from Loja and I was going to stay the night with them but around 10:20 p.m. we got a call saying that I had been transferred and that I needed to go to Loja to get all my stuff together to leave to Guayaquil in the morning so we luckily caught a bus and made it to our house around 12:00 at night and I had a ticket to leave for Guayaquil at 6:30 a.m. that next morning, so I packed up all my stuff that night and then just sat around talking to the zone leader because we had eight people in our house and only four beds... So I didn't sleep at all that night. Then we left in the morning and made it to Guayaquil around 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon. I then met my new companion, Elder Flores. He is from Peru and he is sweet and I like him a lot. Then we made it to my house and I put my suitcases in the room and we left right after to start working... haha so ya it was a crazy two days!!

But now I'm settled in here and I like it. The only thing is that it is constantly like 80 degrees or higher and like 80 percent humidity. So you are honestly constantly sweating... which is terrible but I'm already getting used to it and I'm drinking a ton of water so don't worry :)

And guess what else? We had a baptism this week of a little kid named Investigator J. He is 13 years old and I actually had the opportunity to baptize him! So that was awesome. We taught him for three days before and he had already gone to church a few times before and he asked me to baptize him :) so that was awesome! And I am loving the area here! The members are super involved and they have been helping us a lot so I am super excited to keep working here.

However I am a little sad that I left Loja... I mean I will always remember my first area and I loved the families so much there... but oh well it had to happen some time and I am excited about working here :) I have a good feeling about it and hopefully I can get completely used to the heat.

Love you all,

Love,

Elder Lignell

Investigator J at his baptism



My new casa.
I'm finally with some other Gringos!









                          






No comments:

Post a Comment