Monday, July 7, 2014

Week Thirty Three in Ecuador - July 7, 2014 - My Testimony


Hey family:

 I am so glad that mom had a great time at girls camp that is awesome!

So yes, I have a new companion and he is great.... well he's a little slow and hasn't learned too much in his six months out here. However, that's okay I just have a little bit more work to do and I have to do all the talking with the investigators but it is helping me learn a ton so I love it :) 

The switch to the new house was all good, although my new house is super small haha but oh well will figure everything all out.

Okay and now about my week.  Well to be honest not too much happened this week. 
We had a little mishap with our ward mission leader when he offered to wash our clothes for us and then expected us to pay him and I was like "oh okay how much do you want" and he says 65 dollars for three bags of clothing.... and obviously we don't have that kind of money so I had to tell him that we couldn't pay him that much that the most we could give was 10 bucks.....he was NOT very happy about that :) 

Then for the rest of the week I was just getting adjusted to being senior companion. We have met two new people that are great that have accepted baptism dates and I am so excited to keep working with them! 

I would like to bare a little testimony to wrap things up:

Okay so the last little bit of my time out here I have learned a lot about myself. About how hard I can push myself and about the effort that I want to put into my work as a missionary. I have discovered that the only way to be happy out here is when you are working as hard as you can. I have realized that God truly does put people that are prepared to be taught right in your path. He wants every single one of us in this life to be happy. He knows me better than I know myslef and he knows just how hard I can push myself. I want to be able to say that I reached my potential as a disciple of Christ out here and that I was able to find those in need of the gospel and that I was able to change their lives. 

I love this work and I love the time that I have here. I hope that every single one of you all can find the same joy that I have found here. I hope that you all can know without a doubt that Jesus Christ is your Savior and that he loves you. I hope that our family can be together forever. Because I have truly relized here how much family means. I have seen so many broken families here and I am so grateful for mine that I have in Utah. I love you all so very much and I will talk to you soon next Monday :)
 
Love,
 Elder Lignell

No comments:

Post a Comment