Monday, February 16, 2015

Week Sixty Five in Ecuador - February 16, 2015 - Helping a Sweet Lady Take the Last Step For Baptism.

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I only have 30 min. to write today because right now in Ecuador it is a giant festival called Carnival where everybody puts pools outside in front of their houses and get each other wet. So sadly the missionaries aren't allowed to participate and we have to be inside the house today before 12 o'clock. But I'll try to fit in all that happened this week in the time I have :)



First off congrats to Jake for asking a girl to prom :) hope he has a blast, and tell him to be safe :) 



Anyways this week has been super interesting.



First off, I got extremely sick about 4 days ago... but not with a cold ...I had another stomach virus. So they had me take something that is called "la bomba" which means "the bomb" and it just cleans pretty much everything out of your stomach... and wow does it work! To say the least I haven't made it very far from the bathroom the last few days. But now I'm feeling a little bit better.

This week we had a baptism!!! Hurray! Her name is I. and she is awesome. She has been investigating the church for almost 2 years now but never wanted to get baptized and I was lucky enough to help her take that last step and be there for her baptism. She has an amazingly strong testimony and goes to church without fail! Her little daughter is also a member and now we are helping the rest of her family to try to follow their example!



Other than that not too much has happened. We're working super hard and trying to help the other missionaries in the zone to work and bring people to church. It's a ton of work, super stressful and really tiring but God gives me strength. I honestly feel him helping me when I have nothing more to give...it's amazing to see those changes. Look up these scriptures, they've helped me a ton. Moses 6:31-32 and Moses 7:13.



I love you all so much and I hope you all have a wonderful week.



Love,
Elder Lignell 

No comments:

Post a Comment