Monday, February 3, 2014

Week Eleven in Ecuador - February 3, 2014 - Feeling Much Better!

Dear Family:

So you honestly all are the greatest and I am so very thankful for every single person in our family :) haha.....I am alive!! I survived and it was definitely the hardest week that I have had out here with everything. I literally felt like I was dying but I am alive and I made it and I feel good right now so don't worry :) 

I had the worst stomach pains of all time, however I never threw up once so I take a lot of pride in that! And after the pains went away it was the weirdest experience of all time because I literally had no energy. Like it was so weird I couldn't do anything at all. But I have slowly been getting all of my energy back and although I don't believe I have absolutely all of it back, I feel so so so much better today!

Again, thank you for everything you do Mom, you are truly the greatest and I am sure that your prayers helped because I am better now.

You are right about the struggles and it is true that it did make me stronger and I feel stronger now in my testimony.  I can make it through anything out here and you`ll just have to keep missing me for 20 more months or so :)

While I was in Guayaquil I got your Christmas package. No, I did not get the birthday card from Aunt Kathy and Grandpa :( I also did not get the Christmas package from Aunt Kathy :( but I did from Aunt D.D. :)

Yes, I did get the Christmas package from you guys. Thank you so very much and I loved it. You know me too well that I was going to ask for you to send me cliff energy bars! So thank you so very much. I loved it all and I am still eating it :) the cliff bars and the jerky and the trail mix and the Mike and Ikes were my favorite ;)

My companion was good while I was sick. Yes and I still like him (haha). Elder Quintero is great I am really enjoying my time with him.

I have no idea how I got sick... also they don't know for sure if it was Salmonella they don't really know too much. They had me do a bunch of tests and lots of my blood was drawn (my favorite!)
 
Thank you for the package and I would love some new ties and don't forget the socks cause I am getting holes in the ones that I have. 

I would stay away from eggs and buy cereal but it is like 4 bucks a box and I am so hungry in the mornings I need the eggs... so I think I am going to keep eating them and hopefully I will be okay.

Okay so now I will tell you a little about the week. I didn't actually do too much because I was sick and I was at the zone leader's house for that. But then I started working Thursday and we worked very hard... haha sorry mom I didn't really rest the whole week. But the thing that was so hard is that we hardly had any success. Everyone here is Catholic and that is all that we got: "Yo Soy Catolico" over and over and over I swear I am going to have nightmares of that saying... haha.
 
 But then Friday I just randomly decided to try to be more obedient because when I was sick it was easy to fall out of my routine. For example, after my morning prayers I would lay in bed until the last possible minute and I wasn't exercising and on Friday I still felt kind of sick so I just thought to myself that I should be obedient and even though I don't feel 100 percent, The Lord will bless me for being obedient. So,  Saturday I got up at 6:30 and didn't go back to bed. I did 25 push ups and studied a little Spanish before my actual study time and that day while we were working I felt a million times better! And, the best part is that we made two new baptism dates so it was absolutely awesome! It strengthened my testimony of obedience with exactness!

All in all I am doing okay out here. I have a lot of ups and a lot of downs but it´s okay cause I am doing it one day at a time. Right now the things I am struggling with is really being able to speak Spanish. I can understand about a good 50 percent and I can get across a message to anybody about what I want to say, however it is very hard to really participate in conversations and understand jokes and also just to understand everything that people say and I hate when I just don't understand anything for like 10 minutes....so that stinks.

Also it is very hard for me to thoroughly teach the lessons smoothly in Spanish and I am struggling with being fast in speaking and not having to think about every word beforehand.

However, other than that I am doing okay and I am excited to learn more and progress!   This next week is my last week that I have a "Trainer" so I will probably get transferred out of Loja and have another new companion and if it all happens on Monday I may not get to write so keep that in mind.
 
 I love you all so much I am glad everything is well at home.
 
Elder Lignell                                         
                                                    Me and Elder Quintero
 
 
At a park in Loja
 


No comments:

Post a Comment